Marilyn Manson – “Dope Hat,” from the album Portrait of an American Family (1994).
What’s more appropriate in October than Type O Negative? 🙂
Type O Negative – “Love You to Death,” from the album October Rust (1996).
Cradle of Filth – “Temptation,” from the album Thornography (2006).
After introducing him to several of the bands that I listen to, I was told one day by my former boss that my collection consists of “vampire music.” That description made me giggle, but I know what he meant. I do like a lot of, shall we say, darker songs. For that reason, I was given the shared responsibility of compiling a playlist for a Halloween party. This is what I came up with. (Note: not all of them are creepy, sexy, and/or demonic. Lol. I have a wide variety of tastes.)
1. Feed My Frankenstein (Alice Cooper)
2. Love You to Death (Type O Negative)
3. Black No. 1 (Type O Negative)
4. Dark Secret Love (HIM)
5. Velvet Touch (The 69 Eyes)
6. Lost Boys (The 69 Eyes)
7. Dirt Room (Blue October)
8. Diabolic Crush (Third Realm)
9. Carry On Screaming (Ruins) (London After Midnight)
10. Spider and the Fly (London After Midnight)
11. Cyanide(The Rikets)
13. This is Halloween (Marilyn Manson’s cover)
14. Traumfrau (And One)
15. The Ones (Aesthetic Perfection)
16. Big Bad Wolf (Aesthetic Perfection)
17. Military Fashion Show (And One)
18. Assassinate Me (Jesus on Extasy)
19. The Camper Velourium I: Faint of Hearts (Coheed & Cambria)
20. Wir Sind Wir (Paul van Dyk & Peter Heppner)
21. The Greatest Show Unearthed (Creature Feature)
22. A Little Piece of Heaven (Avenged Sevenfold)
23. Her Ghost in the Fog (Cradle of Filth)
24. Nymphetamine Fix (Cradle of Filth)
Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – “30 Years to Life,” from the album World on Fire (2014).
I was fortunate enough to see Almost Kings on both September 26th and 27th. Needless to say, those Atlanta natives killed it and I still haven’t come down from that concert high. I have pictures to share, of course, but first, I have some very important, very exciting, news:
For anyone following this blog who has had your interest piqued by my constant posts about Almost Kings, it is possible you will get your chance to see them soon. The band is joining Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (among others) for the Monster Energy Get Loud Tour. Below are a list of dates and cities.
Nov 5: Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave / Eagles Club
Nov 6: Chicago, IL @ Portage Theater (SOLD OUT)
Nov 7: East St. Louis, IL @ Pop’s Concert Venue
Nov 9: St. Paul, MN @ Myth
Nov 13: Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
Nov 14: Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theatre
Nov 15: Cleveland, OH @ Cleveland Agora
Nov 19: San Diego, CA @ House of Blues San Diego
Nov 20: Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues Sunset Strip
Nov 21: Riverside, CA @ Riverside Municipal Auditorium
Nov 22: Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity Theatre
Nov 25: Dallas, TX @ Trees Dallas
Nov 26: Laredo, TX @ Club Annex
Nov 28: San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Garden Theater 2014
Nov 29: Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheater
I hope you are able to make it out to one of the shows. Seriously, AK’s performance will blow your mind.
And now, for my photo madness…