Asking Alexandria — “The Final Episode (Let’s Change The Channel)”
Asking Alexandria — “I Am One”
Asking Alexandria — “When the Lights Come On”
Asking Alexandria — “To The Stage”
Asking Alexandria — “A Prophecy”
I woke up to several tour announcements this morning, and I am excited!
1. Starting at the end of this month, Amerakin Overdose will be bringing The Great Amerakin Tour 2018 to several cities. Here’s a full list of dates:
2. Mushroomhead is headlining the first inaugural Summer of Screams Tour. The other acts vary by date. The Browning and Psychostick will be accompanying them from 8/17 to 8/31. Kissing Candice, Unsaid Fate, and Voodoo Terror Tribe will be openers from 8/17 to 8/30. Earthcaller is on the bill from 8/31 to 9/15, and Powerman 5000 from 9/2 to 9/15.
3. Godsmack and Shinedown are extending their tour into the fall and adding Asking Alexandria to the lineup! (They have From Ashes to New during the summer.) Tickets go on sale Friday, June 8th.
- 9/21/2018 – Bon Secours Wellness Arena – Greenville, SC
- 9/22/2018 – Greensboro Coliseum Complex – Greensboro, NC
- 9/24/2018 – Von Braun Center – Huntsville, AL
- 9/26/2018 – BancorpSouth Arena – Tupelo, MS
- 10/2/2018 – Swiftel Center – Brookings, SD
- 10/5/2018 – Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark – Billings, MT
- 10/7/2018 – Spokane Arena – Spokane, WA
- 10/9/2018 – Taco Bell Arena, Boise State University – Boise, ID
- 10/10/2018 – Angel of the Winds Arena – Everett, WA
- 10/11/2018 – Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR
4. The lineup for Louder Than Life in Louisville, Kentucky, has been released! Bands include Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Shinedown, Tremonti, Black Stone Cherry, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Billy Idol, Asking Alexandria, Blacktop Mojo, and more. The three-day festival will take place September 28th through the 30th.
5. Cane Hill, King 810, and The Last Ten Seconds of Life are touring in July and August. Dates below:
Download Festival is happening next weekend, June 8th — June 10th. In case you haven’t already seen the lineup, here it is!
There are a lot of good bands playing, you lucky peeps! Lol. If you’re going, have fun! ❤
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, as I haven’t been in the best place mentally or emotionally for the past month. Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore.
I know we all have those songs that make us feel good, but what about the ones that are like a balm to our bruised hearts/souls? My recent struggles have led me to a few discoveries, one of which surprised me very much.
Alter Bridge: “I Know It Hurts”
Myles Kennedy is the king of uplifting lyrics. I can name a track from each Alter Bridge album that could be on this list, but “I Know It Hurts” takes the spot because of one simple line: “Now is not forever.” Sometimes, that is the best thing to remember.
Alter Bridge: “All Ends Well”
I said Myles was the king, right? “If you believe in nothing else, just keep believing in yourself.”
Almost Kings: “Better Than This”
There are actually a couple of songs from these Georgia natives that I could have chosen. However, “Better Than This” immediately struck a chord in me. I understand it so much more now.
Asking Alexandria: “Alone in a Room”
I know, I know. I haven’t shut up about this band or this song, but the lyrics describe my mindset so accurately that it’s scary.
Linkin Park: “Heavy”
Honestly, isn’t it nice to know you’re not the only one? This song has brought me to tears more than once, especially following Chester’s death.
Asking Alexandria: “Under Denver”
“Just wait and see, just sit and breathe.”
Andy Black: “Put the Gun Down”
This was the one that surprised me. I hadn’t listened to Andy’s solo record, then I randomly decided to let it play on Amazon. I ended up with this song on repeat. I couldn’t have found it at a better moment.
Blink-182: “Adam’s Song”
Fun: “Carry On”
“May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground. Carry on.”
Modest Mouse: “Float On”
My line has always been “Don’t worry, even if things end up a bit too heavy. We’ll all float on alright.”
Sisters Doll: “Strutt”
Asking Alexandria: “Someone, Somewhere” (Acoustic)
Wayward Sons: “Don’t Wanna Go”
Gwenmarie White: “Skjemt Blod” (Bad Blood)
BrokenRail: “Ghosts of Tomorrow”
Trophy Eyes: “You Can Count On Me”
Veld: “Hatred Forever Dispersed”
Coheed & Cambria: “The Dark Sentencer”
Good Charlotte: “Actual Pain”
Bad Wolves: “Change (In the House of Flies)”
Slightly Stoopid ft. Chali 2na: “Higher Now”
Tremonti: “As the Silence Becomes Me”
Jesus Piece: “Curse of the Serpent”
Bury Tomorrow: “Knife of Gold”
Leprous: “Golden Prayers”
Hollywood Undead: “Gotta Let Go”
Atrocity: “Bloodshed and Triumph”
The 1975: “Give Yourself a Try”
Chelsea Grin: “Hostage”
Bad Wolves: “Remember When”
Fit For a King: “Tower of Pain”
Mayday Parade: “It’s Hard To Be Religious When Certain People Are Never Incinerated By Bolts Of Lightning”
At Most Fear ft. Fronzilla: “Wicked”
I know I’ve been posting about Asking Alexandria a lot lately — and here’s another one!
But seriously. I stumbled across the video of them covering Ed Sheeran and it made me wonder what other covers they had done. So here we are.
1. “Perfect” (Ed Sheeran cover)
2. “What I’ve Done” (Linkin Park cover)
3. “Right Now” (Akon cover)
4. “Closer” (Nine Inch Nails cover)
5. “Duality” (Slipknot cover)
There are several more. Hop on over to YouTube and check them out. You won’t regret it.