Shinedown — “The Human Radio”
Shinedown — “Monsters”
I woke up to several tour announcements this morning, and I am excited!
1. Starting at the end of this month, Amerakin Overdose will be bringing The Great Amerakin Tour 2018 to several cities. Here’s a full list of dates:
2. Mushroomhead is headlining the first inaugural Summer of Screams Tour. The other acts vary by date. The Browning and Psychostick will be accompanying them from 8/17 to 8/31. Kissing Candice, Unsaid Fate, and Voodoo Terror Tribe will be openers from 8/17 to 8/30. Earthcaller is on the bill from 8/31 to 9/15, and Powerman 5000 from 9/2 to 9/15.
3. Godsmack and Shinedown are extending their tour into the fall and adding Asking Alexandria to the lineup! (They have From Ashes to New during the summer.) Tickets go on sale Friday, June 8th.
- 9/21/2018 – Bon Secours Wellness Arena – Greenville, SC
- 9/22/2018 – Greensboro Coliseum Complex – Greensboro, NC
- 9/24/2018 – Von Braun Center – Huntsville, AL
- 9/26/2018 – BancorpSouth Arena – Tupelo, MS
- 10/2/2018 – Swiftel Center – Brookings, SD
- 10/5/2018 – Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark – Billings, MT
- 10/7/2018 – Spokane Arena – Spokane, WA
- 10/9/2018 – Taco Bell Arena, Boise State University – Boise, ID
- 10/10/2018 – Angel of the Winds Arena – Everett, WA
- 10/11/2018 – Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR
4. The lineup for Louder Than Life in Louisville, Kentucky, has been released! Bands include Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Shinedown, Tremonti, Black Stone Cherry, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Billy Idol, Asking Alexandria, Blacktop Mojo, and more. The three-day festival will take place September 28th through the 30th.
5. Cane Hill, King 810, and The Last Ten Seconds of Life are touring in July and August. Dates below:
Download Festival is happening next weekend, June 8th — June 10th. In case you haven’t already seen the lineup, here it is!
There are a lot of good bands playing, you lucky peeps! Lol. If you’re going, have fun! ❤
Album: Attention Attention
Release Date: May 4, 2018
Standout Tracks: “Attention Attention,” “Creatures,” “Get Up,” “Special,” “The Human Radio,” and “Brilliant”
As if it’s not obvious from the above list of songs I’ve labeled as standouts, I really enjoyed Shinedown’s Attention Attention. The record’s first actual track is “Devil,” which is an immediate one-two punch of heavy riffs and Brent Smith’s strong vocals. This was not too different from prior Shinedown singles and gave me no warning for what was to come.
“Black Soul” hits the ground running. While undoubtedly aggressive, the song grabs the listener and pulls us along for the ride. I was captivated from the keyboard riff that introduced this track, all the way through the fast-paced, the melodic, the raw and unfiltered, the heartfelt, and Brent’s calmly stated “Until next time” at the conclusion of the album.
With Attention Attention, Shinedown touches on the anthemic (“Attention Attention”), the hard and angry (“Kill Your Conscience,” “Pyro”), and their own unique brand of balladry (“Get Up,” “Special”). The record spans the range of human emotion, taking its audience high and low.
Brent Smith stated in interviews that Attention Attention was for the fans, and the sentiment is clearly there. It’s a whirlwind journey from darkness to light that is simultaneously enjoyable, encouraging, and a musical masterpiece.
I am clearly a sucker for the softer songs, and that’s why “Get Up” and “Special” tug at my heartstrings and claim positions one and two of my favorites from the album. However, I was also delighted by the head-bobbing funky bass and beat during the verses on “The Human Radio,” and the slow then blistering ride that is “Brilliant.”
From start to finish, there is nothing about Attention Attention that I did not like. I give this record 5/5 stars without any hesitation.