In This Moment — “Witching Hour”
Pop/punk from Pennsylvania. For fans of A Day to Remember, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, etc. Carousel Kings are currently in the studio working on a new record. For now, check out “Grey Goose” and “Bad Habit,” both from the album Charm City.
2. Of Virtue
Melodic metal from Michigan. For fans of Slipknot, Atreyu, Sevendust, etc. Of Virtue will be busy touring for the remainder of 2018; their last show of the year will be December 8th at The Loft in Lansing, Michigan. Here are “Torn Apart” and “Ghost Town,” two of my personal favorites.
3. Era 9
Self-proclaimed “trap rock” from Canada. For fans of In This Moment, Lacuna Coil, The Chainsmokers, Papa Roach, etc. Era 9 just released their newest video for “Black Widow (Tick Tock),” which can be found here. In addition, listen to “Hero” and “Scripture.”
Hard rock from California. For fans of Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Wolves, Danny Worsnop, etc. Eclipsica just released the video for “Reflections,” and their debut EP, Transcend, is available now!
Rap/hip-hop from Georgia. For fans of G-Eazy, Eminem, NF, etc. Boze has finished recording his debut album, Donut Try This at Home, which will be released this fall. He will finish 2018 with his band Almost Kings, opening for Sevendust during their three day Home stint in Atlanta. Check out the first two singles from Boze, “Savagery” and “Loud.”
In This Moment — “Sex Metal Barbie”
Halestorm and In This Moment are touring together this summer and fall, and they are bringing New Years Day along! Tickets are available at nydrock.com, the Halestorm official site, and In This Moment’s official site.
- 7/27 – Kansas City, MO – Silverstein Eye Centers Arena
- 7/29 – Toledo, OH – Centennial Terrace and Quarry
- 7/31 – Baltimore, MD – UMBC Event Center
- 8/2 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- 8/3 – Albany, NY – Albany Cap Center
- 8/4 – Portland, ME – Maine State Pier
- 8/6 – Buffalo, NY – Artpark
- 8/10 – Council Bluffs, IA – Stir Cove
- 8/14 – Missoula, MT – Big Sky Brewing Company Amp
- 8/16 – Spokane, WA – Star Theater at Spokane Arena
- 8/17 – Seattle, WA – WaMu Theater
- 8/18 – Eugene, OR – Cuthbert Amphitheater
- 8/20 – Medford, OR – BiMart Amphitheater at the Expo, Jackson County Fairgrounds
- 8/21 – Reno, NV – Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
- 8/23 – San Francisco, CA – The Warfield
- 8/24 – Funner, CA – Harrah’s Resort Southern California
- 11/16 – Norfolk, VA – Ted Constant Convocation Center
- 11/17 – Camden, NJ – BB&T Pavillion
- 11/20 – Evansville, IN – Old National Events Plaza
- 11/21 – Fort Wayne, IN – Expo Center
- 11/23 – Syracuse, NY – Convention Center at Oncenter
- 11/24 – New York, NY – Manhattan Center Hammerstein Ballroom
- 11/26 – Cleveland, OH – Cleveland Masonic and Performance Arts Center
- 12/1 – Broomfield, CO – 1st Bank Center
- 12/2 – Park City, KS – Hartman Arena
- 12/4 – Springfield, MO – Shrine Mosque
- 12/5 – Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena
- 12/7 – Hammond, IN – Horseshoe Hammond Casino
- 12/8 – Minneapolis, MN – The Armory
- 12/11 – San Antonio, TX – Aztec Theatre
- 12/12 – Dallas, TX – South Side Ballroom at Gilley’s
- 12/14 – Orlando, FL – Amway Arena
- 12/16 – St. Petersburg, FL – Mahaffey Theater, Duke Energy Center for the Arts
I decided to do a post honoring female-fronted bands. Most of those listed probably don’t need my help, but maybe this will help them gain a few new fans.
1. City of the Weak
A rock/alternative band from Minnesota. For fans of Paramore, The Distillers, Fit For Rivals, etc. City of the Weak is releasing their debut album, Pulling Teeth, on June 22nd. Check out their cover of Incubus’s “Pardon Me” and 2017’s “Ungrateful.”
2. Hail Sagan
An electronic rock band from California. For fans of Bring Me the Horizon, Flyleaf, The Relentless, etc. Hail Sagan is currently on The Beauty and the Beast Tour, alongside American Grim.
3. New Years Day
A hard rock band from California. For fans of Evanescence, The Pretty Reckless, etc. New Years Day will be on the road with In This Moment and Halestorm later this summer!
4. Stitched Up Heart
A rock band from California. Of a similar vibe to New Years Day, so if you like Evanescence, Halestorm, etc., give Stitched Up Heart a chance. The band has begun writing new stuff.
5. Butcher Babies
A metal band from California. For fans of Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth, In This Moment, etc. Butcher Babies are playing the Gathering of the Juggalos, which is taking place July 18th – 21st in Ohio. They also just released their album Lilith. Check out the title track below.
Download Festival is happening next weekend, June 8th — June 10th. In case you haven’t already seen the lineup, here it is!
There are a lot of good bands playing, you lucky peeps! Lol. If you’re going, have fun! ❤
The American Satan soundtrack is so ridiculously good! Seriously, I need The Relentless to actually tour. Lol. I would go see them in a heartbeat!
In This Moment — “Blood”
In This Moment — “Black Widow”
In This Moment — “Big Bad Wolf”