Modest Mouse — “Float On”
A few weeks ago, I posted a blog about the songs that have helped me through hard times. I only included ten, but obviously there are so many more! With this in mind, I created a YouTube playlist.
Included are bands such as Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Asking Alexandria, Alter Bridge, and Three Days Grace! Feel free to comment — here or on YouTube — with your own additions to the playlist!
P.S. – Subscribe to my YouTube channel! Cool things are coming soon!
Just wave goodbye to your extra money, concert-goers.
Resurrection Tour ft. Puddle of Mudd and Saliva (with special guests Soil, Tantric, and Shallow Side)
I’m not sure this lineup is playing for the full run, based on what I’ve been seeing. I know The Veer Union will be there for the September stretch. Here are the confirmed dates so far:
- 8-02-18 St Paul, MN at MYTH LIVE
- 8-05-18 Lisle, IL at BaseCamp Pub & Eatery
- 8-08-18 Grand Forks, ND at Alerus Center
- 8-09-18 Duluth, MN at Clyde Iron Works
- 8-10-18 Dubuque, IA at Diamond Joe’s Casino (New Date)
- 8-12-18 Lexington, KY at Manchester Music Hall (New Date)
- 8-14-18 Cedar Rapids, IA at Club 5 @ U.S. Cellular Center
- 8-16-18 Akron, OH at Akron Civic Theatre
- 8-18-18 Reading, PA at Reverb
- 8-24-18 Angleton, TX – Backroads Rockfest at Gary’s Icehouse (New Date)
- 8-25-18 Midland, TX at Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center
- 8-30-18 Newberry, SC at Newberry Opera House (New Dates)
- 8-31-18 Greenville, SC at The Firmament (New Date)
- 9-01-18 Concord, VA at Blue Ridge Rock Festival
- 9-02-18 Daytona Beach, FL at Main Street Station
- 9-07-18 Salina, KS at Tony’s Pizza Events Center (New Date)
- 9-08-18 Kansas City, MO at Crossroads KC
- 9-14-18 Loleta, CA at Bear River Casino & Resort (New Date)
- 11-02-18 Florence, SC at Florence Center (New Date)
Suspence Fest ft. Sons of Texas, Aranda, Locust Grove, Suspence, Oddfellas, and More
This rock fest is August 18th at Top o’ Texas Norris Rodeo Pavilion in Pampa, Texas.
Voodoo Festival 2018
Voodoo Fest takes place in New Orleans, October 26 – 28. This year’s lineup includes Mumford & Sons, Childish Gambino, A Perfect Circle, Arctic Monkeys, Marilyn Manson, Third Eye Blind, and more! Check out the event poster.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, as I haven’t been in the best place mentally or emotionally for the past month. Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore.
I know we all have those songs that make us feel good, but what about the ones that are like a balm to our bruised hearts/souls? My recent struggles have led me to a few discoveries, one of which surprised me very much.
Alter Bridge: “I Know It Hurts”
Myles Kennedy is the king of uplifting lyrics. I can name a track from each Alter Bridge album that could be on this list, but “I Know It Hurts” takes the spot because of one simple line: “Now is not forever.” Sometimes, that is the best thing to remember.
Alter Bridge: “All Ends Well”
I said Myles was the king, right? “If you believe in nothing else, just keep believing in yourself.”
Almost Kings: “Better Than This”
There are actually a couple of songs from these Georgia natives that I could have chosen. However, “Better Than This” immediately struck a chord in me. I understand it so much more now.
Asking Alexandria: “Alone in a Room”
I know, I know. I haven’t shut up about this band or this song, but the lyrics describe my mindset so accurately that it’s scary.
Linkin Park: “Heavy”
Honestly, isn’t it nice to know you’re not the only one? This song has brought me to tears more than once, especially following Chester’s death.
Asking Alexandria: “Under Denver”
“Just wait and see, just sit and breathe.”
Andy Black: “Put the Gun Down”
This was the one that surprised me. I hadn’t listened to Andy’s solo record, then I randomly decided to let it play on Amazon. I ended up with this song on repeat. I couldn’t have found it at a better moment.
Blink-182: “Adam’s Song”
Fun: “Carry On”
“May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground. Carry on.”
Modest Mouse: “Float On”
My line has always been “Don’t worry, even if things end up a bit too heavy. We’ll all float on alright.”