My mom and I spent the majority of the day at the nursing home with my grandmother. There has been no change, except her blood pressure has dropped slightly (no cause for concern, according to Hospice) and they are now having to suction out her throat and esophagus at least two or three times a day. So, please continue praying/sending us positive thoughts, if you would.
In other news, it’s October — my favorite time of the year! (I know we’re already 13 days in, but I’ve been distracted.) I have no idea what I’m going to be for Halloween. I’m leaning toward a variation on Harley Quinn, the girl on the cover of Mindless Self Indulgence’s Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy, or Tim Sköld. I haven’t had the chance to indulge in many horror movies so far; however, my best friend and I have binge-watched “Light as a Feather” on Hulu.
Other highlights of October: it’s finally below 1000 degrees here in Alabama, and my favorite college football team, the Alabama Crimson Tide, is undefeated. Oh, and Alter Bridge is playing a show within two hours of me on the 17th.
Given that this is a music blog, I guess I should mention something about music, huh? Ha! Okay. Here are a few upcoming releases:
- Super Junior – Time Slip (10/14)
- Shane Eagle – Dark Moon Flower (10/15)
- Alex Vargas – EGO (10/18)
- Alter Bridge – Walk the Sky (10/18)
- Cody Jinks – The Wanting (10/18)
- HXXS – Year of the Witch (10/18)
- Jimmy Eat World – Surviving (10/18)
- The Lacs – Rise and Shine (10/18)
- Third Eye Blind – Screamer (10/18)
- Cigarettes After Sex – Cry (10/25)
- Fit For An Autopsy – The Sea of Tragic Beasts (10/25)
- Jinjer – Macro (10/25)
- Night Flowers – Fortune Teller (10/25)
- Norma Jean – All Hail (10/25)
- PVRIS – Hallucinations EP (10/25)
- Scarlett Rose – Welcome to Wonderland (10/31)
I’m trying to schedule some posts in my free time so that my blog isn’t lacking content for consecutive days, or even a full week. I hope to resume the playlist challenge and choose a featured band on the 21st.