Cradle of Filth — “Summer Dying Fast,” from the Bitter Suites to Succubi EP (2001).
Cradle of Filth — “Her Ghost in the Fog,” from the album Midian (2000).
Cradle of Filth — “Of Dark Blood and Fucking,” from the From the Cradle to Enslave EP (1999).
Cradle of Filth — “Desire in Violent Overture,” from the album Cruelty and the Beast (1998).
Cradle of Filth — “Malice Through the Looking-Glass,” from the album Dusk…and Her Embrace (1996).
Cradle of Filth — “She Mourns a Lengthening Shadow,” from the V Empire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein EP (1996).
Cradle of Filth — “The Forest Whispers My Name,” from the album The Principle of Evil Made Flesh (1994).
It’s October, which means spooky season, my favorite time of the year! I would have done a lot of horror/Halloween-themed posts if everything hadn’t been so hectic. But alas, that’s life.
With that being said, there are still seven days left until the month’s end, so I have time to get some of my Spooktober ideas uploaded.
My first special post for October is a Top Five list featuring music videos based on horror movies! Over the years, several artists have paid homage to their favorite scary film. The trend is most prevalent in the rock and metal genres, which is appropriate, don’t you think?
And here we go! (These are in no particular order.)
1. “The Kill” – Thirty Seconds to Mars // Based on Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining
2. “Beim Ersten Mal Tut’s Immer Weh” – Oomph! // Based on the psychological thriller Hard Candy, directed by David Slade and starring Ellen Page
3. “Engel” – Rammstein // Based on the snake dance scene in From Dusk Till Dawn
4. “Living Dead Girl” – Rob Zombie // Based on the 1920 silent horror film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, with a nod to White Zombie as well
5. “Hell in the Hallways” – Ice Nine Kills // Based on the film adaptation of Stephen King’s Carrie
Skillet — “Whispers in the Dark”